How to enter text vertically in cells
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Sometimes you may want to write vertically in excel. In this article, WPS Spreadsheet offers a free lesson on vertical typing with only 2 simple steps as follows. Read on to know how.
In most situations, when we enter text into a cell WPS Spreadsheet, the characters are arranged from left to right.
How can we type vertically in WPS Spreadsheet?
1. First, open the excel sheet where you want to enter text vertically.
2. After typing text, you can right-click the cell, and then choose Format Cells in the drop-down list.
2. Get into the Alignment tab in the Format Cells dialog, and check the Vertical text box. Then, the characters would display vertically.
Now, the text was displayed vertically in WPS spreadsheet cell.
What is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is identical to Microsoft Office Excel. With its powerful data calculation capabilities, it can be used to organize and analyze large amounts of data and help you explore the relationships between data.
Recommend you to visit the WPS Academy website to learn more free and professional spreadsheet courses.
More advanced features of WPS Office Spreadsheet：
Of course, if you want to rotate the text in the excel cell at an angle, you can click How to rotate text in WPS Spreadsheet to rotate the text in the Excel cell.
If you want to know more about the wps spreadsheet cell format setting course, you can see
How to change the table format| WPS Academy Free Office Courses
General format and special format.| WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Format cells.| WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Set the date format cells.| WPS Academy Free Office Courses
WPS Office Spreadsheet not only covers all of the basic functions of Excel, but also enables advanced techniques for data cleaning and analyzing. WPS Office Academy teaches strategies for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences