Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to import text file to excel
Do you have data in a text file and want to import it into Excel? Don't worry, we'll show you how to accomplish it quickly and easily. Excel and a text editor are all you'll need. Notepad and Excel will be our tools of choice for this session. First, we'll show you how to import text file to excel. After that, we'll walk you through the process of importing data from the internet into Excel.
This can be highly handy if you need to move data from one programme to another or if you need to share data with others. Another benefit is that text files are frequently smaller than other sorts of files, so they take up less space on your computer. Finally, text files may be opened in a variety of apps, so you're not confined to only Excel but you know that how to import text file to excel.
How to import text file to Excel quick and easy way?
1. Click the Data tab once the Excel spreadsheet has been opened to the location where you wish the data to be saved. And then go to the Import Data option, which is shown in red in the accompanying figure.
2. Once you've opened the import data option, you'll see several alternatives, one of which is to pick import data once more.
3. Ok should be clicked in the pop-up window.
4. Now choose the source of the data. It refers to the text file from which you want to receive the data that you want to convert to excel, which is shown by number 1 in the figure that follows. After that, choose the file from your own computer that you like to convert by clicking the following option.
5. Stay with other encodings and click the next button once the window for file conversion has opened up after you click the next button.
6. Now you have text import wizard-step 1 of 3 window stay with “delimited” and click the next as shown in the following picture.
7. You should now be on step 2 of 3 of the text import process. In this window, keep using tab, and then click the next button.
8. Now, choose the General option, and then click the finish button.
9. After you have finished entering your data and clicked Finish, it will be imported into Excel..
Import Text File to Excel another quick and easy way
1. Open a spreadsheet from the WPS office. And go to the data and pick the import data option.
2. Once you select the import data you will receive the import data from web option pick this choice.
3. Now you have the address bar insert the address of website where from you want to import text file.
4. As you have put the address of website where from you want to import text file open the file you want to import and hit the import option. After clicking on the import, you will have properties. Click on properties.
5. Now you can adjust the properties according to your demand and then hit OK.
6. As you hit the OK you have imported the text file from the website of your choice to WPS excel.
If you would want additional information the ways to Import Text File to Excel or on the WPS office, please check out the webpage for the WPS Academy. This website also offers a free download of WPS Office, which enables users to edit documents saved in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF formats. If you visit this website, you can take advantage of this offer.