How to insert a check mark into excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
There are many reasons you will want to know how to insert a check mark into excel in detail. Whether you want to check off some cells using a spreadsheet, communicate how work is going to your colleagues, or manage a list.
If you like to work constantly in Excel, you must learn to insert a checkmark into excel. So don't hesitate to seek advice from a friend who knows how this complete tool works.
Know more about how to insert a check mark into excel online.
How can you put a mark in excel using the symbol command?
Discover the most common way how to insert a check mark into excel using a symbol, don't miss it in a few steps
1. Select a cell where you are interested in inserting this type of check mark.
2. Then you must go to the Insert tab, then to symbols group, and click on the symbol.
3. Using the symbol dialog box, click on the dropdown arrow, where the Wingding font and selection box is.
4. You will be able to find several check mark symbols all over the bottom of the list. Choose the symbol of your choice and then click insert. To finish, click close.
How to insert a check mark into excel mac by writing all character code?
Another fairly quick way how to insert a check mark into excel is to write your code directly through a cell while holding down the Alt key.
1. To start, you have to choose the cell where you want to place a mark.
2. In the tab where it is home, in the font group, change it to Wingding.
3. Press and hold alternative while you are typing various codes on the numeric keypad.
CHECK ONE BOX
CROSS IN A BOX
How should you insert a mark in excel if you use the CHAR function?
You must know everything related to how to insert a check mark into excel so that you learn to work correctly in Excel. To find out various steps if using CHAR function, and also you can learn what you want about how to insert a check mark into excel mac.
1. It is surely not the most convenient way for you to add a tick symbol in Excel. You must know various symbol codes specifically.
2. The formula for you to put a check mark is quite simple: = CHAR (252)
3. For you to add a cross symbol, you must use the following formula: = CHAR (253).
If you have benefited from the steps for how to insert a check mark into excel that you found in WPS Academy, you must stay tuned for new news that is trending in this type of program.
Once you know how to insert a check mark into excel, you will see that it is a very simple procedure, and you can improve it by adding columns that suggest that your tasks have been completed.
You will be able to seamlessly download and use the ideal WPS Office software to process and create Excel, Word, and PowerPoint documents for free.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula