How to insert a section break in Word
With section breaks, we can divide our essays, papers or books into several sections and manage them easily.
To better understand the section break, we can show the section breaks and display the navigation pane first.
1. Go to the Home tab, click the Show/Hide Editing Marks drop-down button and check Show/Hide Paragraph Marks.
2. Go to the View tab and click Navigation Pane to display it. Then select Section Navigation.
Here are the steps to insert section breaks.
1. Click the position where you want to insert a section break.
2. Click the Insert tab and click the Breaks drop-down button.
We have four options: Next Page Section Break, Continuous Section Break, Even Page Section Break and Odd Page Section Break.
Let's know about them one by one.
· Next Page Section Break
When we insert a Next page Section Break, the text below the break will be shown in the next page. You can also see a mark on the page and a new section in the navigation pane.
· Continuous Section Break
When we insert a Continuous Section Break, the text below the break will be shown continuously. You can also see a mark on the page and a new section in the navigation pane.
· Even & Odd Page Section Break
When we insert an Odd Page Section Break, the text below the break will start from the next odd page.
The same goes for Even Page Section Break.