Inserting section break in Word document (Mac and PC)
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In developing a thesis or work within the company, you must use a few Word tools. One thing to learn is how to add or remove section breaks in word to style your article. You could also use the tool to divide the most important sections within the document.
Section breaks in Word are more relevant than you think, so you should use them in your following articles. It won't take you five minutes to delete or insert a section break in word as long as you follow the given steps.
How to insert a section break in word?
For you to learn to insert a section break in Word, it is fair that you follow these points:
1. Open the document in Word no matter what version of the program you are using.
2. Click anywhere on the written page. It would help if you considered that the point you select would be the beginning of your section break. It is good that you learn to divide the paragraphs into sections so that the topic looks understandable and does not unnecessarily pause.
3. Look for the layout tool located at the program's top.
4. Select the breaks option and press page setup in the drop-down menu to view the tool's detailed view.
5. Within the option section breaks, you must place the break you want. If you do not feel sure about your choice, you can read the description of each break.
How to remove a section break in Word?
If you want to have a pleasant experience with the tool, you should also know how to remove section breaks in Word. For this process, you must do the following:
1. Open the document in Word and click on the home option.
2. Select the non-printable characters tool with an upside-down P icon that is ¶.
3. Click where you placed the section break to remove it and press Enter.
How to change a difference from the section break in Word?
In case you are not looking to know how to remove section break in Word online, if you change it to a different form, you will have to:
1. Access the document in Word.
2. Select the break you want to change and click on its left.
3. Enter the design or layout option within the software interface, go to breaks to open the drop-down menu, and select the section page breaks option.
4. Find and select the new break you want in the document, and it will be changed automatically.
You will realize that understanding how to insert section break in Word is relatively easy when you do it with experts. If so, do not limit yourself to following the WPS Academy, offering you exciting information about the Word tools. You'll also be looking for new features to simplify inserting section breaks in word.
Was this helpful?