How to insert check mark in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Insert check mark in Excel will help you add a visual symbol or indicator that will make your spreadsheet look more professional. If you're new to Excel, you probably don't know the correct way to add a check mark, but it's not a complicated process.
You can use several ways to insert a check mark symbol in Excel correctly. Below you will be able to know some of the most common and easy options to insert check mark in Excel.
How to insert check mark in Excel?
If you want to learn How to insert check mark in Excel elegantly, you are right. Follow the next steps:
1. If you have a blank spreadsheet, you will need to select cell A1 and press SHIFT + P to enter a capital P.
2. Then, in the Home tab, in the Font group, you need to select the Wingdings 2 font. You can add a fancy checkmark, plus you can change the color to green and change the size.
3. On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, you should use the Align buttons to close the check mark vertically and horizontally.
4. If you want to add an X, you can press SHIFT + O to insert a capital O and change the font color. (If you wish, you can put the X in red)
5. To copy and paste the check mark, you need to use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy or paste to the cell you want.
6. You can also use the Insert tab to insert check mark in Excel. You will find other symbols that you can use in your document.
On the Insert screen in the Symbols group, you need to click on Symbol.
7. From the drop-down list, you must select Wingdings 2. Find the checkmark of your choice and click on Insert.
How to insert a web checkmark?
You can also insert check mark in Excel online.
1. Search the Internet for the check mark you want to add to your spreadsheet.
2. Then, copy the check mark symbol and paste it into your Excel document.
How to insert check mark using keyboard shortcuts?
You can insert check mark in excel shortcut by following these steps:
1. To use the keyboard shortcuts, you will need to change the cell font to Wingdings 2 or Wingdings.
2. The shortcuts you can use to insert check mark in Excel or cross symbols in cells are:
• SHIFT + P =
• SHIFT + O = X
3. You can also use other keyboard shortcuts:
• Alt + 0252 =
• Alt + 0254 =
• Alt + 0251 = X
• Alt + 0253 =
This is a suitable option if you want to have only a check mark in the cell. If you want to add numbers or text in the cell, you can use another method.
Did you learn how to insert check mark in Excel? Using any of the above options, you will be able to add a checkmark correctly. But, if you want to know more about Excel, you can access the WPS Academy.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to use and download the WPS Office software for free. You will be able to create and process documents in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for a better work experience.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula