How to insert footnote in word document on Mac or Windows
In our daily life and work, it is a necessary skill to insert footnote in Office software. When we want to explain some words or sentences, we can insert footnotes in one or a new page in word document on Mac or Window. It is a good choice to insert footnotes in Microsoft Office Word or WPS Office Writer on Mac or Windows. However, many users don't know the methods of inserting footnotes. Today, this article will introduce to you how to insert footnotes in word document on Mac or Windows. The following are the steps to insert endnotes in Word document.
l How to insert footnotes in Word document?
1. Position the mouse cursor in front of the text that needs to indicate the source.
2. Head to the References tab and click the Insert Footnote button to jump to the end of the document.
3. Enter content below Footnote Separator.
l How to delete footnotes in Word document?
1. Select the reference superscript inserted in the text.
2. Press the Delete key to delete the footnote content at the bottom of the document at the same time.
l How to change the format style of endnotes in word document?
1. Head to the References tab and click the Setting button to select the Footnote/Endnote button to pop up the dialog box.
Here, we can set the endnote or footnote's location, format and so on.
2. Select Bottom of page to add a footnote to the bottom of the current page.
3. Select Below text to add footnotes under text.
4. In the list under Number format, we can select the numbering style of the footnote (e.g., select 1, 2, 3,...).
5. If you are not satisfied with the default footnote numbering style, click Symbol to customize your favorite numbering style.
6. At Start at, you can set the starting number value for the footnote, usually keeping the default 1.
7. If you want to renumber the footnotes of different chapters in chapters, you can select the Restart each section button.
8. Click the Apply button.
Have you learned about how to insert the footnotes in WPS Office Writer? If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office software to process documents or others in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for free.
Was this helpful?