How to insert footnotes in word
1. Place the cursor where we want to insert a footnote.
2. Click the References tab and the Insert Footnote button. At this point, a horizontal line and a serial number appear below the current page. Because this is the first footnote, the number is 1.
3. Enter the content we want in the footnote area.
4. Double-click the number, then we can return to our place in the text.
5. Place the cursor at the footnote number, then the content of the footnote will appear. We can double-click the number to jump to the footnote at the bottom of the page.