How to insert the degree symbol in word
1. Open the document and place the cursor where we want to insert the degree symbol.
2. Click the Insert tab → the Symbol drop-down button → More Symbols. Then the Symbol dialog will pop up.
3. In the Font drop-down menu, we can select the font we want.
4. In the Subset drop-down menu, select Latin-1 Supplement.
5. Scroll up or down to find the degree symbol and click it.
6. Click the Insert button. Then, the degree symbol has been inserted. We can click the Close button to view it.
If we want to insert check marks later, we can select it in the Recently Used Symbols area of the Symbol drop-down button.