How to sort numbers in ascending or descending order in Excel?
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
When presenting and analysing data, you can use the sorting feature to place numbers in numerical order.
Now let's explore the techniques together.
1. Suppose we have a set of data already. Select the cells in the column you want to sort, and go to the Data tab. Then, click Sort > Ascending/Descending buttons.
In the pop-up dialog box, you can select Expand the selection to sort the data next to your selection as well or Continue with the current selection to sort the selected data only.
2. Additionally, if you want to sort these numbers based on different colors, you can use an optional feature to help. Go back to the Data tab and click Custom Sort button. Thus, in the pop-up dialog box, you can choose Sort On > Cell Color or Font Color as needed.
WPS Office software is trusted and downloaded by over 200,000 of the world’s leading organizations; involving industries such as the internet; high-tech; finance; construction; manufacturing; retail and many others. Hence, we constantly strive to improve our user experiences to increase your work efficiency. The Best alternative to ms office.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Top 10 simple family tree template Excel free download