How to sort numbers in ascending or descending order in Excel?
When presenting and analysing data, you can use the sorting feature to place numbers in numerical order.
Now let's explore the techniques together.
1. Suppose we have a set of data already. Select the cells in the column you want to sort, and go to the Data tab. Then, click Sort > Ascending/Descending buttons.
In the pop-up dialog box, you can select Expand the selection to sort the data next to your selection as well or Continue with the current selection to sort the selected data only.
2. Additionally, if you want to sort these numbers based on different colors, you can use an optional feature to help. Go back to the Data tab and click Custom Sort button. Thus, in the pop-up dialog box, you can choose Sort On > Cell Color or Font Color as needed.
WPS Office software is trusted and downloaded by over 200,000 of the world’s leading organizations; involving industries such as the internet; high-tech; finance; construction; manufacturing; retail and many others. Hence, we constantly strive to improve our user experiences to increase your work efficiency. The Best alternative to ms office.
Was this helpful?
- 1. Quickly locate the name of the row and column where the cell is located
- 2. How to adjust line spacing of the text
- 3. How to insert a check box in WPS Spreadsheet
- 4. A quick way to calculate sum, average, count, max, and min
- 5. How to record the screen in WPS Presentation
- 6. Use format painter to quickly unify text formatting