How to Use OCR in Word
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
How would you describe OCR? Optical character recognition is the technical name for this process. Using this technology, digital photographs can be detected for text. Scannable pictures and documents are commonly used for this kind of recognition. We use OCR software at the WPS office to convert paper documents and pictures into searchable, text-rich electronic files.
WPS Excel is a popular choice for this task because it imports data from files with various extensions. By learning how to turn an OCR into a word, you can eliminate any confusion you may have previously experienced. In this article, we'll discuss how OCR can be converted to words.
How to Use OCR in Word?
There are programs that support this capability in Writer, Spreadsheet, Presentation, and PDF. WPS Writer will be used as an example here. Likewise, WPS Spreadsheets and Presentations are subject to the same restrictions. In order to convert OCR into a word document, follow the steps below.
1. First, the WPS office needs to be opened.
2. Start by clicking or dragging the import button to import images and then selecting the OCR button from the Tools menu to begin recognition.
3. You can begin by clicking the Add Pictures icon up there.
The dialogue box for opening a file will appear. We will upload an image here by selecting it and clicking Open. If you want to maintain the formatting and layout of the content, try Convert to Word. Using Screen Capture, Convert to Word, and Save Path, you can take a screenshot of a specific region.
4. Drag the picture you want to use to the WPS office from your PC. Start the recognition process and select your picture.
5. There are three conversion options available in WPS Office: Extract text onlyConvert to WordConvert to Excel.
6. Taking a look at the following case, we can see a timetable for a course. When Convert to Excel is selected, click Confirm, and the text will be extracted with the tabular format maintained.
7. As soon as we have taken a screenshot of the area we want to convert, we will click on the save as original option. In this case, the converted text format remains unchanged from the original.
Another Way to Launch OCR Function
The OCR function can be launched in two other ways besides those mentioned above. Once the OCR Area button is clicked, you can choose Screen grabs OCR or Hide current window when grabbing OCR from the drop-down menu to capture the area from which you need to extract text.
The second step is to drag the mouse pointer over the location of the text to be retrieved and drop it. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut menu to the right to select the OCR function.
The purpose of this article is to explain how to convert an OCR into a word document. You can learn everything you need to know about OCR to word converter here. To learn more about the WPS office, please visit the WPS Academy website. Additionally, this website offers a free download of WPS Office, which allows you to edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents. The WPS system. All of your work will be made easier with the Office suite. The WPS Office is available for free online download on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Was this helpful?