The RAND Function in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
WPS Spreadsheet could be an alternative to Microsoft Office Excel. It includes 100's of built-in formulas, pivot tables, and more.
With Rand Function, you can return a random number between 0 and 1, and each time you recalculate them, they will return new values.
No arguments for the RAND function.
1. Open your table in WPS Spreadsheet.
2. Select a blank cell where you want to add a random number. Click the Formulas tab > Insert Function. Enter RAND in the edit box. As it depicts, it can returns a random number greater than or equal to 0 and less than 1, evenly distributed. Click OK.
3. Hove over cell A2, and drag it all the way down.
Note: Every calculation of the worksheet will generate new random values.
If we want to stop this, we need to copy the cells that contains RAND and Paste Special > Value to convert them into text.
Plus: If we want to create number between other range, please use the RANDBETWEEN Function, whose syntax is : RANDBETWEEN( bottom, top)
1. Select a blank cell where you want to add a random number during certain range. Click the Formulas tab > Insert Function. Enter RANDBETWEEN in the edit box. As it depicts, it can returns a integer between the two numbers you specified.
Bottom means “The smallest integer the function will return.”
Top means “The largest integer the function will return.”
2. Let’s say we want a random number between 10 and 500. Enter 10 at Bottom and 500 at Top, clickOK.
3. If you want to fill the remaining cells in this column, hove over cell C2, and drag it all the way down.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to set the view effect of WPS components
- 2. Use Date function to convert date format
- 3. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 4. How can we check word count in WPS Writer
- 5. Different methods of using format painter
- 6. How to insert a chart in WPS Spreadsheet