Add a drop down list in Excel with multiple selections
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
You need to know to add a drop down list in excel because it is an easy way to control all the values you enter in a cell. You can make a drop-down list in Excel in several ways to handle this program perfectly.
If you don't know much about using Excel, don't worry, you can learn with various easy methods like add a drop down list in excel quickly. You must practice each step of how to add a drop down list in excel so that you become a great expert in using this program.
How to add a list in Excel manually?
If you want to know a simple alternative to how to add a drop down list in excel, then the fastest way is to do it manually.
1. Select a range or cell of cells where you want to create your dropdown list.
2. Go to the Data tab; within the Data Tools Commands group, you must choose the data validation icon. Where the data validation dialogue box is located, you must select the list as the validation criteria within the configuration tab.
4. Where the source field is, enter the options, separated by commas. You have to make sure the dropdown alternative in the cell is checked.
5. Click OK. This will create a dropdown list in the selected cells. Be sure to also learn about how to add a drop down list in excel 2019.
How do reference data with other cells?
There is also another option: you can create a dropdown menu in Excel at the time using a range of cells from the source data for your validation list. This way, you can practice how to add a drop down list in excel at all times.
1. First, you must set up a list or source somewhere else. The source data has been entered using cells A2 and A7 in another worksheet called source within the same workbook.
2. Select the range or cell of cells where you want to create your dropdown list.
3. Go to the Data tab within the data tool command group, and choose the data validation icon.
4. Choose List as a validation criteria
5. Where is the Source field, enter the range that has the list of values that you are going to use as your dropdown list. Then click OK.
How to create a dropdown list with values that are separated by commas?
This will be a pretty quick option for you to create a drop down box in various versions of add a drop down list in excel 2016.
1. Select a range or cell for your dropdown list.
2. Use data validation so you can create a dropdown list. Where the Excel ribbon is located, navigate to the Data tab, data tools group, and click Data Validation.
3. Enter the elements of the list and then select the options. This will help you to know how it works add a drop down list in excel online.
If you managed to understand the 3 methods explained above, add a drop down list in excel so that you can use Excel as you want. This will make it easy for you to do the work you need in your spreadsheet and correctly use like add a drop down list in excel mac.
You may feel excited to find out how it works best, like add a drop down list in excel. So, don't forget to go to the WPS Acadamy websites to download WPS Office for free.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula