Add rows in excel using shortcut
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
You gain new knowledge to add rows in excel smoothly in several steps. Excel is a widely used spreadsheet editor because it offers several features you will surely want to use when working on your spreadsheet. Get the information you want about add rows in excel 2016 to handle this function better.
If you are making some tables in Excel because you are doing a university project, you must obtain the best knowledge to add rows in excel quickly. For this reason, below, you will discover several complete methods that will teach you this type of add rows in excel tool.
How to insert rows in Excel?
If you want to add rows in excel, find a way to study several essential steps that will help you use this function.
1. First, locate the file you need to work on; use PC file explorer. Then browse through your folders until you get the file you need to open.
2. Open the file easily by double-clicking on it; this will automatically launch Excel when you open an Excel document on your PC.
3. Then choose the spreadsheet where you will insert the row; in the lower-left corner of your spreadsheet, there are some tabs that you can label as it could be sheet 1, daughter 2. You can also rename with the name you want; click on your spreadsheet to insert the row.
4. After selecting a row, quickly click on the row number on the left of your screen.
5. Right-click the row you are going to select, then a context menu will appear.
6. Now, choose “Insert” so that a row is inserted on top of your selected one.
How to insert multiple rows?
If you are interested in inserting multiple rows, you must know how to do it with a few easy steps. This will make it easy to understand to add rows in excel 2016
1. First, open the Excel file where you need to work.
2. Choose the worksheet where you will insert the rows; you can see several tabs in the lower-left corner. These tabs can be labeled Sheet1 or Sheet2.
3. Select the number of rows you are interested in inserting. To add multiple rows, you have to highlight the rows where you want to insert the rows. You must highlight the same number of rows you want to insert.
4. Right-click the rows you selected, and the context menu will appear.
5. Then select “Insert” the number of rows that were highlighted will be inserted above the rows you selected.
How to insert nonadjacent rows?
Do not stop learning what inserting nonadjacent rows provides; it is time that you follow several essential processes. You can practice every day how to add rows in excel mac with ease.
1. Find the Excel file where you want to work; use the file explorer of your PC. Then browse through your folders until you find the file you want to open.
2. Open the File, then double click on it to have Excel start automatically.
3. Select the worksheet where you will insert a row; through the bottom left corner of your spreadsheet, there are several tabs. You can label this type of tab as Sheet1, Sheet 2
4. Now select the rows. To add nonadjacent rows, you must hold down the CTRL key and then select nonadjacent rows and click the left button of your mouse.
5 click on the selected rows to bring up a context menu for you to enter as add rows in excel
6. To finish this method, select “insert” the number of rows you have highlighted will be inserted over the rows you chose. In this way, you will have understood the explanation of how to add rows in excel online
After studying several methods of add rows in excel, you will probably be able to manage this complete tool. You must know what add rows in excel 2019 also provide when required.
To obtain new information about add rows in excel, you must enter the WPS Academy website. This platform is modern, and on it, you can download WPS Office at no cost.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula