Easy Formula: How to Add the Columns in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
It may be time for you to learn how to add the columns in Excel so you can use it at work. Excel is one of the programs you will use the most at work to save or organize important data. The program has several tools, but you might not know the most basic ones, for example, the one that helps you know how to add the columns in Excel.
It is the right time for you to know how to add the columns in excel online and take great advantage of the tool. In this way, you can easily organize the data in your company and demonstrate that you are a quality employee.
How to add columns in Excel?
If you are looking for a simple way to know how to add the columns in excel 2019 you can apply the following method:
1. Open the document in Excel, where you have the annotations.
2. Select cell A10 and eventually press the ALT + = key to add up the numbers in the column.
3. Select column A. It would help if you considered that new columns would be added to the left of the selection.
4. Now, you only have to right-click on your mouse and look for the “insert” tool on “delete.”
How to add the columns in Excel with your mac computer?
Now that you know how to add the columns in excel, you may be interested in applying the method on your mac computer. However, to learn how to add the columns in excel Mac, you must do the following:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the data to organize.
2. Now select the result cell and click on the “auto sum” tool located in the home tab.
3. When you click “autosum,” Excel will include an automatic result from the selected boxes.
4. Finally, you must click enter and save the changes.
How to add a column in Excel from the home tab?
As the last method to apply for you to learn how to add the columns in excel 2016, you can do the following:
1. Again, open the Excel document to which you want to add the column.
2. Go to the “start” tab.
3. Now select all the desired columns.
4. Click on “insert,” which would be located in the “cells” group.
5. Finally, click on “insert sheet columns.”
Now that you know how to add the columns in Excel, you may have no excuse to use the program at work. Excel is one of the most powerful tools for the job, but you must learn to use it correctly. In this way, you will not find it difficult to organize data or, in this case, to add the data.
If you learned without problems how to add the columns in Excel and want to have more details about the methods to use, do not forget to go to WPS Academy. With the website, you will be able to see more informative guides on how to use Excel and each one of the tools that compose it. On the other hand, if you go to the website today, you will have the right to download WPS Office without spending a lot of money on it.
It is good to know how to add the columns in Excel to include them in your work documents easily. In this way, you would avoid adding columns manually, which would positively affect your work performance.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 6. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)