Excel Comments: How to Add a Note in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Notes come quite handy when all you need to do is just add a short annotation about specific data within a table. You may add Notes to your cells in WPS spreadsheet. A red signal will show in the corner of your cell when it contains a note. The note will display if you move your cursor over the cell. Notes work similarly to Excel's Comments, although there are several distinctions. Notes are data annotations in WPS spreadsheet, whereas comments feature a reply box. When individuals respond, you'll see many comments linked together in the notebook, indicating virtual discussions. Adding notes for reference, follow-up, or inquiries to Excel is useful though not vital, whether you're using it for data input and analysis or basic tracking, for your team or for yourself. If you're ready to add a few of notes to your Excel spreadsheet, we'll teach you how. After that, you'll learn how to view, hide, and reveal notes, resize, modify, and remove them.
Add a note in excel online 2016 and 2019
1.To add a note in excel, you can right click on a cell and then choose new note from the options. But there is another way of doing it. You can select the cell, click on the review tab and choose new note from the options.
2.You'll notice that your name will automatically appear in the note (as the author). If you wish, you may backspace to erase your name. Simply write your words into the note, then click away from it to save and conceal it.
How to view note in excel
1. Any cell that includes a note will have a red triangle in the upper right corner. Hover your mouse over the cell to read the note. You don't have to click the cell like you do with comments.
2. Go to the Review tab and click Notes in the ribbon to see all of the notes in a spreadsheet at once. Select Show All Notes from the drop-down menu. Click Show All Notes to uncheck it and they will be hidden again.
3. You'll also see Previous Note and Next Note Choices in the Notes section of the Review tab. You may go through your notes one by one by utilizing these steps.
How to show or hide a note in excel
1. Perhaps you want to maintain a note on the screen while you work. To keep the message visible, utilize the Show/Hide Note function.
2. Right-click the cell containing the note or go to the Review tab and select Notes from the drop-down menu. Select Show/Hide Note from the drop-down menu. When you're done with a hide note, repeat the same steps.
Note: This was an attempt to show you how to add, view, show or hide a note in excel online on windows and Mac. It is also available on the versions 2016 and 2019. You can download the latest version of WPS Office and can have access to WPS Premium as well.
You just need to have a little understanding of how and which way things work and you are good to go. With having this basic knowledge or information of how to use it, you can also access and use different other options on excel or spreadsheet. Also, it is very similar to Word or Document. So, in a way, if you learn one thing, like Excel, you can automatically learn how to use Word as well because both of them are very similar in so many ways. If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office to access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences