Excel Formula: Compare Two Cells in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
When we do compare two cells manually, it is not an issue. But it’s next too difficult to locate the variations between hundreds and thousands of text strings. In that way, Excel provides various functions and ways to do this type of task easily. In this article, I will show different methods to compare text in Excel.
Compare text using the formula of (case Sensitive)
To perform this method, we need some steps to follow.
1) First we have to make data of some fruits as an example and we take an example in two columns like this.
2) the second is to place the formula in cell number D4, to find what is the comparison between B4 and C4, their text are matched or not, and after that press enter, it formula finds that both fruits are matched, True will appear in cell and if both did not match it appears false.
3) The final step is to copy the formula up to the last cell D10, and all your compared text will appear answers in their cells respectively.
As you see above true and false are appearing in their boxes respectively.
So by this method, you find how to compare text in excel easily.
How to compare text using the EXACT function.
This formula also needs some steps to follow, which are as below.
1) Make a data-sheet in excel on which we perform the Exact function as above.
2) After that the second step is to place the EXACT formula in the D4 cell and then press enter if both fruit lists of cells have the same text it will show true and if not then it will show false.
As you see in the above example list 1 and list is not matching their text which is why false is shown in the D4 cell.
3) After that copy down the formula up to cell number D10 and all the answers will show in their cells automatically.
Congratulations, you again find how to compare text in excel easily by using the EXACT function and formula.
How to compare text in Excel using EXACT with IF Condition.
This is also a function by which we can easily find out how to compare text in excel by using the EXACT with IF function.
This function also needs some steps to follow.
1) First we have to make data in our spreadsheet where we imply EXACT with IF process further.
2) After that the second step is to apply the EXACT with IF formula in cell number D4 and then press enter if it finds that both texts are matching with each other it shows with similar and if not then It will show differences in the cells like this.
As you see here that both fruits are not matching and they both are different that’s why by applying the formula difference is shown in a cell.
3) The third step is to copy the formula up to D10 and all the values will appear in their respective boxes.
Congratulations, you again find how to compare text in excel by using EXACT with IF function in it. It is also a feature of excel.
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find how to compare text in excel
Did you learn about how to find how to compare text in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences