How excel imports text file from different source
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Excel is a powerful tool that is useful for data management. It is capable of importing data in a number of formats from text files. In this piece, we will go over the three most effective approaches that how excel import text file. These approaches are: In addition to that, we will offer detailed directions on how to carry it out.
Therefore, regardless of whether you are a novice or an experienced user of Excel, you will be able to follow along and successfully import your data in a short amount of time! Once you go through this article you will know the best ways that how excel import text file.
How excel Import Text File from your computer?
1. Open the Excel spreadsheet where you want to save the data and click the Data tab. And go to the import data option which is circled in following picture.
2. Once you open the import data option you will find the options choose import data again.
3. Click ok in the pop-up window.
4. Now select data source it means the from which text file you want to get the data which you want to convert to excel which is show by number 1 in following picture. And then click the next option and choose the file from your computer you want to convert.
5. Once you click the next the file conversion window will be open stay with other encodings and click next
6. Now you have text import wizard-step 1 of 3 window stay with “delimited” and click the next.
7. Now you have text import wizard-step 2 of 3 window stay with tab and then click next.
8. Now stay with the General option and click finish.
9. Once you will click the finish your data will be imported to the excel.
How excel Import Text File from another computer?
1. If you want to import text file from the other computer which are connected to your computer, choose the existing connections from the import data option.
2. It will import text file to your computer from other computer of your choice.
How excel Import Text File from website?
1. Open a spreadsheet from the WPS office. And go to the data and choose the import data option.
2. Once you click the import data you will get the import data from web option choose this option.
3. Now you have the address bar put the address of website where from you want to import text file.
4. As you have wrote the address of website where from you want to import text file open the file you want to import and hit the import option. After clicking on the import, you will have properties. Click on properties.
5. Now you can adjust the properties according to your demand and then hit OK.
6. As you hit the OK you have imported the text file from the website of your choice to WPS excel.
There are many sources from where Excel import text file. The three sources discussed in this article are some of the best. With these methods, you can quickly and easily get your data into Excel so that you can start using it to your advantage! excel is a great tool for managing data and text files from different sources.
If you would want additional information on the WPS office, please check out the webpage for the WPS Academy. This website also offers a free download of WPS Office, which enables users to edit documents saved in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF formats. If you visit this website, you can take advantage of this offer.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula