How to activate and stop Automatic Numbering in Word?
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
By default, if you enter anumber at the beginning of your text, the system will automatically assign numbers for the following text. In some cases, however, those numbers are unwanted guests. So how can we activate and stop automatic numbering?
· To activate Automatic Numbering:
Type a number followed by a period (like 1. or 2. ) according to your needs in thetexts.Press the Enter key and the rest of your text will be assigned with numbers at the beginning of each paragraph. By doing so, you have activate the Automatic Numbering in WPS Writer.
Note: Click here to know more about Automatic Numbering.
· To stop Automatic Numbering
1.Click Menu, head to Options.
2.Click Edit and uncheck Auto Numbered List.
Note: Once stop automatic numbering, you need to renumber the content. If you continue editing on the basis of the existing list, it will still be numbered automatically.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to add fonts in WPS Office word
- 2. How to delete a blank page in WPS Writer Word?
- 3. How to insert a signature in WPS Writer
- 4. How can we add a horizontal line at the footer
- 5. How can we use equation editor in WPS Writer
- 6. How can we change the spacing before and after a paragraph in WPS Writer