Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to activate and stop Automatic Numbering in Word?
By default, if you enter anumber at the beginning of your text, the system will automatically assign numbers for the following text. In some cases, however, those numbers are unwanted guests. So how can we activate and stop automatic numbering?
· To activate Automatic Numbering:
Type a number followed by a period (like 1. or 2. ) according to your needs in thetexts.Press the Enter key and the rest of your text will be assigned with numbers at the beginning of each paragraph. By doing so, you have activate the Automatic Numbering in WPS Writer.
Note: Click here to know more about Automatic Numbering.
· To stop Automatic Numbering
1.Click Menu, head to Options.
2.Click Edit and uncheck Auto Numbered List.
Note: Once stop automatic numbering, you need to renumber the content. If you continue editing on the basis of the existing list, it will still be numbered automatically.
- 1. How to set the automatic backup time
- 2. How to Add Page Numbering In Word on Mac
- 3. How to stop unwanted files to open in excel
- 4. How to turn off automatic numbering in WPS Writer
- 5. How to set the automatic backup time
- 6. 10 Timesheet Calculator Excel Template: Employee Payroll, Automatic Attendance Calculation, and More!