How to turn off automatic numbering in WPS Writer
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In this article, you will know how to turn off automatic numbering in WPS Writer with simple steps as following:
The Automatic Numbering is turned on by default in WPS Writer. If we input “1. ” and other content in one line and then press the Enter key, the number “2. ” will automatically appear. It’s convenient for users to number a list.
In some cases, however, we may need to input more content in the next line without numbering it, so we can turn off automatic numbering.
Follow this tutorial step by step.
1. Open the file in WPS Writer.
2. Click the Menu button in upper lefter corner.
3. Then select Options in the drop-down menu. Now a Options dialog box will pop up.
4. Click Edit and deselect Auto numbered lists. Then click OK.
5. Now the automatic numbering function is turned off successfully and let’s show it briefly.
With these steps, you are able to turn off automatic numbering quickly and freely. Did you get it?
What is WPS Writer?
WPS Writer is a module of WPS Office(an acronym for Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheet). WPS Writer is consistent with Word document, which helps users to work with high efficiency. Its personal basic version is free to use and it also provides abundant functions and unique features for you to explore.
Learn more advanced skills about numbering in WPS Writer:
WPS Office Writer enables remote and efficient writing software for students, faculties, business runners, professional writers, all kinds of users from all over the world. Writer ensures users can get access to their work anywhere and in all forms such as pdf and word.
- 1. How to Turn Off Autocorrect
- 2. How to set the automatic backup time
- 3. How to Turn off Track Changes in WPS Office (Step-by-Step)
- 4. 10 Timesheet Calculator Excel Template: Employee Payroll, Automatic Attendance Calculation, and More!
- 5. How to customize the multilevel numbering in WPS Writer
- 6. How to activate and stop Automatic Numbering in Word?