How to add a row in excel using shortcut
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
How to add a row in excel? Excel is a program that offers you many features to create and edit professional spreadsheets. It allows you to add new rows to the sheet, making the steps simple and fast.
If you notice a row skipped, you can add it at any time. Below you will get to know 3 methods of how to add a row in excel.
How to add a row in excel quickly?
1. The first step of how to add a row in excel 2016 is to locate the Excel file. Double click the file to open it. When you open the Excel document on your computer, Excel will start automatically.
3. Then select the sheet where you want to insert the row. In the lower-left corner of your worksheet, you will find several tabs. You will see them as Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc.; you can rename and customize them if you want. Click on the sheet you need to add the row to.
4. Select a row. Click on the row number on the left of the screen. You will also be able to select a cell in the row on which you want to add a new row.
5. To continue, right-click on the selected row. A context menu will appear.
6. To continue with the steps of how to add a row in excel 2019, select “Insert.” You will see that a row will be inserted above the selected one.
How to insert multiple rows in Excel?
With the previous steps of how to add a row in excel, you will be able to insert a new row. But if you want to insert multiple rows, follow the below steps:
1. Open the Excel file.
2. Select the sheet where you want to insert the rows.
3. Next, you will need to select the number of rows you want to insert. For this step, you will need to highlight the rows where you want to insert the new rows. Highlight the same number of rows you want to insert.
4. In this step of how to add a row in excel mac, you will need to right-click on the selected rows. A context menu will appear.
5. Select “Insert.” The number of highlighted rows will be inserted above the rows you have selected.
How to insert nonadjacent rows in Excel?
How to add a row in excel? In Excel, you can also insert nonadjacent rows; you have to follow these steps:
1. Find the Excel file where you are going to work. Open the file by double-clicking on it.
2. Next, you will need to select the spreadsheet where you want to insert the rows.
3. To insert the nonadjacent rows, you need to hold down the CTRL key and select nonadjacent rows by clicking the left mouse button.
4. To continue, right-click on the selected rows. A context menu will appear.
5. To finish, you must select “Insert.” The number of rows you have highlighted in the spreadsheet will be inserted above the rows you selected.
As you can see, the steps of how to add a row in excel online are easy and can be done by anyone.
Have you learned how to add a row in excel quickly? If you are a beginner in Excel, you can follow these 3 options to insert one or more rows to your worksheet. If you want to know other Excel features, you can also follow WPS Academy.
You can also download WPS Office to create, edit and process Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences