How to add axis labels in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Excel is a powerful and versatile tool that allows you to store data, perform calculations, create charts, and add labels and titles to chart axes. To learn how to add axis labels in Excel, you should know that the only chart elements that are included by default are:
• Chart title
Next, you will learn about the most common methods of how to add axis labels in Excel.
How to add axis labels in Excel?
Excel allows you to add labels and titles to the chart axes to enhance your work. Below you will find the steps of how to add axis labels in Excel correctly:
1. The first thing you need to do is select your chart and go to the Chart Design tab. Then click the Add Chart Element dropdown arrow and move your cursor to Axis Titles. Select Primary Horizontal, Primary Vertical, or both from the dropdown menu.
2. For Excel on Windows, you can use the Chart Items icon on the right of the chart. Check axis titles, click the right arrow, and check the boxes for horizontal, vertical, or both titles.
3. When the axis title you have selected already appears on the chart, it will have a default name of Axis Title. If you want to customize it, you must select the text box containing the default title and add the name you want.
If you have created an Excel chart, you can use these steps from how to add axis labels in excel 2016 to label the vertical and horizontal axes. Also, you can follow these steps if you want to learn how to add axis labels in excel 2019
How do you customize axis titles on a chart?
With the steps mentioned above on how to add axis labels in Excel, you can get the job done right. These are easy steps, and you don't need to be an Excel expert, but if you also want to customize the axis titles, you can follow this method:
1. To display the floating toolbar, you must first right-click on an axis title. You will then see options for Fill, Stroke, and Style.
2. To continue, you'll need to use the dropdown arrows next to any of these options to apply a theme, choose a style, border color, and use a gradient or texture.
3. If you want to customize it further, you can open the Format Axis Title sidebar. Right-click on a title and select Format axis title you can also double-click on one of the titles.
4. At the top of the sidebar, you'll need to make sure you see Title Options. Use the three tabs directly below Fill and Line, Effect and Size and properties to make your adjustments.
You'll be able to change the fill or border, adjust the alignment, and add a shadow or glow.
If you want to customize the font, select Text Options at the top of the sidebar. Use the Text Fill & Outline, Text Effects, and Text Box tab.
Once you learn how to add axis labels in excel mac, you can customize your work. You will also be able to change the direction of the text, change the font color, and use a 3D format.
How to add axis labels in excel online will allow you to enhance your charts and make them look more professional.
Were you able to learn how to add axis labels in Excel? These are easy steps for anyone to follow. If you want to learn new Excel features, you can also follow WPS Academy.
Additionally, you can download WPS Office to create and process Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences