How to add column on excel (The Simplest Method)
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Add column on excel is a simple and fast function that will allow you to organize the data in your spreadsheet. They are usually used as sections or categories with headers to sort the cells.
It's straightforward. It would help if you right-clicked on an existing column to add another column immediately before. Below you can learn what you need to do to add a column in Excel.
How to add column in Excel by right-clicking?
The steps to add column on excel mac are as follows:
1. Open Excel on your PC or Mac computer. Then select the column to the right of where you want the new column. (Excel will automatically insert the new column in front of it.) To select an entire column, you must click on its letter name at the top. Right-click anywhere in the column and click Insert on the menu.
2. You will now have an empty column of cells directly before the one you clicked on. You can start adding data.
3. If you want to insert multiple columns, you will need to highlight as many columns as you want to add. For example, if you want to insert 3 new columns, you will need to highlight 3 existing ones. Then right, click anywhere on the highlighted columns. Click Insert. Excel will insert the same number of columns as you have selected.
How to add column in Excel 2016?
To add column on excel 2016, you must perform the following steps:
1. Select a cell to the right where you want to add the new column. For example, you can select cell B3 if you want to insert a new column between columns A and B.
2. Right-click and select Insert from the popup menu.
3. When the Insert window appears, you must select the Entire column option and then click on the OK button.
4. Now, you will see that a new column has been added. All columns to the right of column B will be shifted to the right.
As you can see, add column on excel 2019 is very simple and fast. It is an essential function you will use in your spreadsheets.
How to Add Multiple New Adjacent Columns?
If you have already learned how to add column in Excel, but now you need to insert several new columns, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Select 2 columns or the number of columns you want to add. (Start with the one to the left of which you want to insert the columns.) Then right-click anywhere in the section and click Insert.
2. With these steps, you can instantly insert the columns you want to the left of the selected column. You'll need to select that number to start if you want to insert 4, 5, or 6 columns.
By following these steps, you can add column on excel online or the columns you want to your spreadsheet.
Have you learned how to add column in Excel? It's one of the most basic Excel functions you'll need to work on a spreadsheet. You can insert as many columns as you like by following the above options.
If you want to learn new Excel features, you can follow WPS Academy. Also, it will let you download WPS Office to create, edit and process Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences