How to add columns in excel (2 Easiest Methods)
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you're motivated to learn about Excel, you might be interested in seeing how columns add up. Knowing how to add to columns in excel will allow you to have a more detailed account of the program that will be useful at work. The sum of these columns can proceed simply through very few steps or in a more complicated way.
It is good that you learn how to add to columns in excel Mac, or Windows using the most effective methods that do not take away your productivity time. In this way, you will fulfill the purpose of being the best worker in the company. Without further ado, you should apply the following two methods to be able to sum columns in Excel:
How to add columns in Excel?
To understand how to add to columns in excel 2016 and not give up trying, you should apply a straightforward method. This process consists of just clicking on the program, but before that, you will have to:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the data to add between columns. This data could be from your work and even from an economic analysis that you are doing in your life.
2. You will have to select the column from where you want to add a new column. You can use the shortcut Alt + = to select the entire column quickly. This time column A was taken; you must consider that the new column will appear to the left of the selection.
3. Then, you will have to right-click on the computer mouse and thus open the options panel by cell. Look for the insert option and select it.
How to add columns in Excel from the home tab?
Another way you will know how to add to columns in excel Online is by using the home tab. This method is manual and will support you who have only a few days using Excel.
1. Again, open the document where you want to learn how to add to columns in Excel
2. Select the column from which you want to add a new column, and then go to the home tab on the Excel ribbon.
3. Go to the insert option located in the cells group at one end of the ribbon.
4. Click the down arrow to bring up the insert options and select insert sheet columns.
5. Finally, save the changes generated in the document by going to the program's ribbon or using the shortcut Control + G.
Now that you understand how to add to columns in excel 2019 with two effective methods, you will have to decide which one you want to use. Each procedure has its complexities, but with some practice, you can complete them without problems. However, it is good that you look for more information about it to solve each of the doubts you have in mind.
It is good that you know in-depth how to add to columns in excel so that you can take advantage of the software. Excel is one of the programs you will use most at work to store essential data or make calculations.
Columns will be added frequently as you proceed to rewrite data in the document you previously created. You could go to a quality website to learn how to add to columns in Excel in other more valuable ways. Also, download WPS Office will allow you to learn to use Word and PowerPoint in the tools that complement them.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula