How to add drop down list in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you have just been employed in a reputed company, it would be only right that you learn excel how to add drop down list 2016 today. Using Excel can be a priority for the company you will work for, so it is good that you know its tools. When you learn excel how to add drop down lists, you will have the freedom to organize lists with data to your liking.
However, to know excel how to add drop down list you will have to focus on fulfilling three different methods. It is time for you to know how you will be able to know excel how to add drop down list without problems:
How to create a dropdown list in Excel?
If you dare to know excel how to add drop down list Mac or on your Windows computer, you will have to do the following:
1. Open the Excel document where you will have the data you want to add to the dropdown list.
2. You must write the data you want to appear in the list.
3. Eventually, you will have to select cell B1.
4. Go to the data tab and click on data validation, located in the data tool group.
5. Now that the data validation box has appeared, you will have to select list within the allow box.
6. Finally, click on source and select the number of frames; A1:A3 will be used within sheet 2 in Excel.
How to allow other entries in the dropdown list in Excel?
Now that you understand excel how to add drop down list online in a simple way, you may be interested in knowing how to allow other entries in the document. For this case, you will have to:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the data to create the dropdown list.
2. Now, you must type the value not on the list to verify that Excel shows you an error alert.
3. To allow this new data entry, you must go to the data tab and then to data validation.
4. In the data validation box, you will have to uncheck show error alert after entering valid data in the error alert tab.
5. Finally, click accept, and you will be allowed to add the data you want to the dropdown list.
How to remove items from a dropdown list in Excel?
With all the methods clear about excel how to add drop down list 2019, it is only fair that you learn how to delete the elements in the document. To fulfill this purpose, you must do the following:
1. Open the Excel document where you want to delete the item in the dropdown list.
2. Select the item in the list that you want to delete.
3. Right-click on the mouse and select delete.
It will be easy for you to learn excel how to add drop down list if you follow the steps established in the three methods. It is good that you practice each of these methods and try to get the most out of them when editing your documents. On the other hand, it is good that you look for more information in excel how to add drop down list and thus solve some doubts that you have in mind.
If the information on excel how to add drop down list has been useful to you, and you want to have more similar guides, do not forget to go to WPS Academy. With the website, you will learn how to manipulate Excel like a professional, which will give you relevance at work. You should enter the website to download WPS Office free of charge.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula