How to add hyperlink in excel cell text
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you want to be the best worker in the company, you may find it hard to deepen the tools of the most used programs such as Excel. It is time for you to learn how to add hyperlink in Excel in three ways without wasting much time. Next, you will be shown how to add hyperlink in excel Online within a new file, for a web page, or within a document.
When you learn how to add hyperlink in excel 2019, you will allow your work to look professional, which could catch your employer's attention. On the other hand, knowing how to use these tools is necessary if you want to be at the same level of knowledge as your co-workers.
How to add a hyperlink in Excel within a new file?
The first method you should apply to find out how to add hyperlink in excel 2016 is by using a new file. The only thing you will need to do is the following:
1. Open a new Excel file
2. Select a cell, click on the insert tab, and then select the hyperlink option.
3. Within the hyperlink box, you must click on create a new document. Now you must enter the text of the new hyperlink and click on ok.
How to add a hyperlink in Excel to a web page?
If you are looking to learn how to add hyperlink in excel Mac or on your Windows computer but are focused on a web page, you will have to:
1. Open the Excel document again and select the cell where you want the hyperlink to appear.
2. You will have to click on the insert tab between home and page layout.
3. Click on the hyperlink found in the links group.
4. In the hyperlinks box, you will have to click on existing file or web page, which would be the first option on the left.
5. You must place the text to the hyperlink inside the text to display option.
6. Place a destination which could be current folder, scanned pages, or files, depending on the situation. As it is an explored web page, you will only have to indicate its link again and click on ok.
How to add a hyperlink in Excel within a document?
One last method that you should try to wrap up learning how to add hyperlink in Excel is by applying it to a document.
1. Open a new Excel document, select the cell where the hyperlink will appear, and go to the insert tab.
2. Click on hyperlink located within the links group, and in its dedicated box, you will have to select place in this document.
3. You will have to enter the hyperlink's text in the text to display box. Finally, click on ok and save changes.
You may have found it easy to know how to add hyperlink in Excel after expanding on the three methods explained above. However, you should seek more information on the subject to master it completely.
If you are interested in knowing more about how to add hyperlink in Excel, you can go to WPS Academy to see more instructional guides. The website will have other guides, so you know how to use the main tools in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. With this website, you will also have access to WPS Office so that you have it on your computer or mobile without investing anything in it.
It would help if you did not forget that knowledge is power and more when learning how to use Excel correctly. You only have to focus on finding quality information about Excel and thus have the best result.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula