How to add multiple rows in excel by using shortcut
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Perhaps you need to know how to add multiple rows in excel Online, but until now, you have not found bold information on the subject. But now, everything seems to change when you find two simple methods to help you meet the goal. It is time for you to learn how to add multiple rowsin excel 2016 or the version you have on your computer and take great advantage of it.
Knowing how to add multiple rows in excel 2019 or 2016 will allow you to stand out in your daily work by making it more accessible. It is also necessary for you to learn how to add multiple rows in Excel if you want to rewrite a document created by someone else. No matter what your intention is when knowing how to add multiple rows in excel, you have to follow these two methods:
How to add multiple rows in Excel?
The first option that you have to know how to add multiple rows in excel Mac or Windows is:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the rows with data and where you want to add extra rows.
2. You need to select the cells where you want to add new blank rows. You can use the Shift + space shortcut to select the entire row quickly.
3. Go to the home tab and click on insert, located in the cells group. You could also right-click the entire selection and hit the insert option.
4. Check that the new rows you wanted appear and save the data.
How to add a new row between multiple rows in Excel?
Now that you know how to add multiple rows in excel, you may be interested in finding out how to add a new row among several available rows. However, for you to complete this procedure, you must do the following:
1. You may need to include a cell or two between rows, but you don't want to do it manually. For this case, there is a more straightforward method.
2. You will only have to select the entire rows with the shortcut using the control key on your keyboard.
3. You will have to click right and press insert. You could also select the cells, go to the home tab and click on insert in the cells group.
If you have doubts about how to add multiple rows in Excel, you may like to solve them as soon as possible. However, for you to fulfill this purpose, more extensive research will need to be done. Luckily, on the internet, you will find a lot of information on the subject that will undoubtedly be very useful to you.
It is good that you remember how to add multiple rows in Excel and try to get the most out of the information. While working with Excel, many mishaps may arise that will force you to use this kind of tool. You have to work smart and know when to apply one method or another on how to add multiple rows in Excel.
If all the content on how to add multiple rows in Excel has been helpful to you and you want to see more similar guides, do not forget to search for information online. Hopefully, you will come across a web host with a lot of information about the tools available in Excel. You may also find a web provider with WPS Office available for free download.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula