How to add up a column in excel (Easy Formula)
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
There is the possibility of adding columns in excel by using fast and efficient methods in all your work. This tool is one of the easiest to apply in excel; although it may not seem like it, adding columns will not take up your time. If you want to learn how to add up a column in excel, this post will show you how you can do it without difficulty.
As you well know, excel is one of the most used programs in the world, since you can do various jobs with it. Nowadays, its functions are much more advanced so that you can create a number table with super easy steps. Experts created a guide on how to add up a column in excel, providing users with more feasible methods.
How to add up a column in excel 2019?
If you want to learn how to add columns in excel, you can do it with the techniques you will learn today in this post. Knowing how to add up a column in excel will make the job much easier for you.
1. Select a cell next to where you want to add the columns and click on Autosum in the home tab.
2. Excel will automatically enter a formula (sum function).
Example: Select cell B7, which is below the numbers; when you click on the AutoSum tab, the formula will appear and highlight that you are about to get a sum.
3. Click on RETURN so you can see the result. In cell B7, another option is to see the result in the formula bar.
How to add two columns in excel?
Excel also allows you to add two columns; you can use the key combination to make it faster. The how to add up a column in excel guide shows you how to do it quickly and easily.
1. Select the two columns that you are going to add.
2. Pressing the ALT + Shift + = keys will create the sum of the two columns.
How to add up a column in excel Mac?
This function is necessary to learn since when creating a budget, you will need to take account. By obtaining information on how to add up a column in excel, you will be able to add as many times as necessary, thus achieving the results correctly.
1. Click on the last cell of the column.
2. Go to the Home tab and click AutoSum.
Note: This option of how to add up a column in excel 2016, you can only place it in this version; in the case of Mac 2011, enter the Standard toolbar.
3. Click the Return tab.
4. The final result can be found at the top of the booking window.
Apply this formula when taking accounts in excel so that your budgets can be perfect. WSP Academy is in charge of offering this post on how to add up a column in excel, with super easy techniques. You have the option to follow them and thus learn more about how to add up a column in excel online, and best of all, it is free.
Make your work professional; the best way is to do it through high-quality guides. You will see that once you know how to add up a column in excel, everything will be more accessible for you, you have to follow the instructions, and that's it. Please do not waste time trying it without reviewing this guide and knowing the fastest and most feasible methods.
You can download WPS Office to edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, for more information. The application offers a wide variety of articles related to the functions and features of Word, and Excel, among others.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)