How to change column cell size in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Spreadsheets such as Excel are commonly used to organize data. Using this tool, you can make formatting adjustments to spreadsheets, making them easier to read.Learning how to change column cell size in Excel can allow you to create a spreadsheet with large amounts of information and text. In this article, we discuss why you might want to adjust the width of column in Excel, along with the different methods you can use for this process.
What is a column width and why should you change it?
When you are creating a document in a word processing program, you may be given the option to create a column width. Column width is the distance between the left and right sides of the text in a column. A column width that is too small can cause text to wrap around or run together, making your document difficult to read. A column width that is too large can cause text to scroll horizontally without any breaks between columns. Before you decide on a column width, it is important to consider your intended audience and how they will be using your document.
Ways to Change Cell Size in Excel
If you want to change the Sell Size in Excel, there are a few different ways to do it. One way is to use the Column Width feature in the home tab of the ribbon. Another way is to use the VBA Editor.
How to Change Width of Column in Excel by Using Mouse on Mac?
Mouse hover and keep the mouse pointer in between the line on the column header, it will change into a double-headed arrow.
How to use the Format Menu to Change Cells Size in Excel 2019 Online?
1. In this process, simply click on a cell in the row or column you need to adjust.
2. Drag the mouse pointer towards the left /right to decrease or increase the width of the column.
How to Change Automatically Column width in Excel 2019 online?
You can automatically fit the widest entry in a column by double-clicking its right border.
1. The first step to autofit multiple columns is to click and drag over the column headers to select multiple columns.
2. Click the column headers while holding CTRL to select non-adjacent columns.By default, columns, and rows in WPS Excel have a fixed size. This size doesn’t change unless you change it.
Unless you change the column size, your data will appear truncated because your data may exceed the default column width.Changing the width of the column will make your spreadsheet look pleasing to the eyes.
In conclusion, if you want to Cell Size in Excel, there are a few different ways that you can do it. You can use the Column Width button on the Home tab, the Width property of a worksheet object, or the VBA method Get Orientation ().
Has this process helped you learn about How to Change Cell Size in Excel? If you want to find out more about excel functions and features, you can view and subscribe to WPS Academy to learn.
You should also download and use WPS Office to edit Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and Word documents for free. Download now and enjoy these free services! With WPS Office, you can create a simple and enjoyable working environment.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)