How to change drop down list in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
The Data Validation feature in Excel 2019 offers a List option to confine selections in a cell to a preconfigured series of values. This selection can further influence the values in another list by presenting options that relate to the first choice.To begin with, the first drop-down list's Items list might present A list of product categories that produces a secondary list of product models.For this function to work, the first drop-down list must be based on relevant constraints for cycle ranges set up in Excel.
If you need to change the drop-down list in Excel, it's easy to do. Simply highlight the entire drop-down list, and then use the shortcut keys (Ctrl+A or Cmd+A) to select all of the text. Next, click on the Home tab and click on the Text Box Properties button. This will open the Text Box Properties dialog box.
In Excel, you can change the dropdown list by highlighting the text and then pressing F2 (or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F2).
Drop down lists are a staple of spreadsheet applications and can be used for a variety of tasks. In this tutorial, we will show you how to change the drop down list in Excel.
Ways to Change Drop Down List in Excel on Mac
1. Go to the worksheet or area of your current worksheet where your list items are, and then add or delete the desired item.
2. Choose the drop-down list cell, then, in the Data menu at the top of the screen, click Data Validation, then click Data Validation again in the menu.
3. In the Data menu, click Data Validation twice.
4. Change Drop Down List in Excel 2016/2019 online.
5. In the pop-up window of the Settings tab, click the Source button, then choose the Cell Range option in the drop-down menu. Click the OK button to save your edits.
6. Adjust your data range under Source.
In conclusion, if you need to change the order of a drop down list in Excel, there are a few different ways to go about it. Depending on the type of list and the version of Excel you are using, you may need to use VBA or another scripting language. Whatever method you choose, be sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes that could slow down your work or even cause data loss.
A drop down list in excel fairly simple task that can be done with a few simple steps. By following these instructions, you can easily update your drop down list in Excel to better reflect your needs. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to a professional.
Has this process helped you learn about How to Change Drop Down List in Excel? If you want to find out more about excel functions and features, you can view and subscribe to WPS Academy to learn.
You should also download and use WPS Office to edit Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and Word documents for free. Download now and enjoy these free services! With WPS Office, you can create a simple and enjoyable working environment.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula