How to clean data (check spelling) in WPS Office excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Welcome to WPS Official Academy to check the contents of how to clean data in WPS Office excel. Today we will learn how to check grammar and spelling within easy steps.
What is WPS Office?
WPS Office is the best alternative to Microsoft 365. WPS Office Suite supports both PC and Mobile, installs the latest versions online and is compatible with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Adobe PDF.
What is the Spell Check function in WPS Spreadsheet?
The Spell Check function in WPS Spreadsheet is very powerful, as it can correct misspellings automatically and provide a list of suggestions. Thus, you can choose to accept or ignore those corrections.
Example about how to clean data:
Suppose we want to check spelling and grammar in the given price list. The Spell Check function in WPS Spreadsheet can be put to good use.
1. First, place your cursor anywhere in this worksheet.
2. Go to the Review tab, click Spell Check. Then a pop-up dialog will tell the words with spelling problems. Click Change to change them one by one, you can also click Change All to correct them once for all.
To change the language:
Please click the drop-down button of Spell Check > Set Language, and then add your languages at Other Languages. WPS Spreadsheet supports up to three languages.
To add words to the default custom dictionary:
It happens that the system cannot recognize the right word you type. You can add that to the dictionary, and then the WPS Spreadsheet will stop correct it next time.
In the Spell Check dialog, click Add to dictionary, and then you can add the selected word to the dictionary.
To explore more about how to check spelling:
Click here to see the video tutorial about how to use the Spell Check function in WPS Spreadsheet.
Click here to see the video tutorial about how to use the Spell Check function in WPS Writer.
Click here to see the video tutorial about how to use the Spell Check function in WPS Presentation.
Here, we have mastered an easy yet useful way to correct spelling errors. Did you get it?
Excel is the most powerful tool to manage and analyze various types of Data. This free WPS Spreadsheet tutorial for beginners covers in-depth lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing small to large scale business process.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Top 10 simple family tree template Excel free download