How to combine multiple text cells in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Excel consists a large amount of data containing text in multiple cells. We store different kinds of data and information in excel spreadsheets. For many business purposes excel is of prime importance for sorting and analyzing data. Sometimes users want to merge their data present in multiple cells in a single cell to produce a precise and compact data. Combining of multiple text cells in excel helps the users in analyzing and managing a large amount of data.
Excel has introduced several methods that permits the users to merge multiple text cells in a single cell. It is a beneficial feature of excel that results in production of a data with well-organized and appropriate data that consists of several text cells combined in a single cells. However, many excel users face issues in compiling data by merging multiple text cells in excel. To overcome these problems excel provides its users with several methods and techniques. To help the users in combining multiple text cells in excel, we have described certain important methods to merge multiple cells. These methods are compatible to 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
How To Combine Multiple Text Cells In Excel By Using Ampersand Operator (&)?
To merge different types of text present in multiple cell in a single cell in excel we can use ampersand operator. It is a very useful function in merging various kinds of data, expressions, text and characters. For the activation of ampersand operator we will follow the steps mentioned below. This method works with 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
1. First we will select the range of cell consisting of text we want to combine.
2. In this case we select cells A2, B2 and C2 to merge their text consisting of space in a single cell.
3. Then we will apply the formula=A2&” ”&B2&” “C2 in the formula box.
4. This will result in combination of these text cells then we can auto fill the rest of the data in other cells.
This technique is applicable for 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
How To Combine Multiple Text Cells In Excel By Using CONCATENATE Function?
This is the most used function in merging several number of cells in a single cell. This technique is quite similar to ampersand function. It is also a very useful technique in merging data present in multiple cells in a single cell. The steps to operate this function for merging text cell are mentioned below. This technique works with 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
1. First we will select the cells which contain data we want to merge i.e. A2,B2 and C2.
2. Then we will enter the formula=CONCATENATE(A2,” “,B2,” “,C2).
3. This will result in merging of these text cells in a single cell.
This method is applicable for 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
How To Combine Multiple Text cells In Excel By Using Flash Fill?
For the combination of data present in multiple text cells in a single cell we can use the feature flash fill. For the activation of flash fill we will follow the steps given below. This function is applicable for 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
1. First we will enter a combined data of more than two cells in the first row.
2. This will allow flash fill to sense the pattern than we will go to data tab and select the option of flash fill.
3. This will activate the function of flash fill and will result in combination of data present in other cells in a single cell.
This method works with 2016\2019\mac\online versions.
Did you learn about how to combine multiple text cells in excel using different methods? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences