How to count number of cells with text In Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In excel we can easily count the number of cells with text by 3 various functions. This can be very useful for any company in their financial phases and modeling where they can easily adjust their time in actual periods. Excel has several functions to perform this method, which one should you use? It depends on the situation. But To gain more understanding of how these formulas work, please see which values are counted and which are not:
First, we will find the numbers of cells with a text through COUNTIF formula.
There are some steps to follow this function and these are given below.
1) Draw a diagram, as an illustration, to tell the best way to count capability for text.
2) Now use the equation to way down the text and suggest it in A2.
3) Now press Enter key and your answer will automatically appear in the C2 box, like that.
Congrats you suitably found how to count the number of cells with the text in succeed with this large number of simple tasks.
How to count the number of cells with the text through the SUMPRODUCT function.
This method can also perform under the same method as above but here we will use another formula to find how to count number of cells with the text in excel.
This also contains some tasks and steps which are given below.
1) Here we will use the formula of SUMPRODUCT(--ISTEXT(range))
2) This is the second formula by which we will find the count function for text in excel.
3) Our third step is to cause a model in calculation sheet and after that to suggest the formula in it bit by bit.
4) Now our fourth step is to place formula in the C2 box so automatically the answer will appear again with the second formula.
5) After that press enter and the response will show up in C2 like this
Congratulations you again find the count the number of cells with text in excel with another method and formula.
How to count the number of cells with the text through the Third function.
We can easily find count the number of cells with the text in excel with one more formula and to cover this function we also require some steps and their methods to follow.
Their steps are given below.
NOTE: As referenced over that there is some text which can be determined and some are not, the added model will follow this multitude of 3 equations.
1) We will again use the SUMPRODUCT formula in it but there is some difference between the second formula and this one.
2) The formula which we use here is:=SUMPRODUCT(ISTEXT(A2:A10)*1)
3) The first step is to make an example on a spreadsheet where we will imply this formula and find the solution of text.
4) The second step is to place formula in the C2 bar by which we will find the answer.
5) After that press enter and your answer will automatic appear in the C2 box like this.
6) Now our last step is to duplicate the equation in every one of the bars and your response will show up in every one of the containers like that.
Congratulations by following all these you again find how to count number of cell with the text in excel with the third formula without any hassle.
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find the right way to find how to count number of cell with the text in excel.
Did you learn about how to count number of cell For Text in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula