How to delete a page in word document for Mac & Windows
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Unwanted blank pages are usually caused by manual page breaks. In the default view, Word hides the appropriate control characters, so it's difficult to spot the correct place to delete the page. It's easier if you adjust the view. The function Show/hide paragraph marks helps you with deleting a page in word document. Deleting a page in word document is so simple, If you dont know, then this article is for you.
Here we will discuss three methods to deleting a page in word document along with pictures of each step. This tutorial is shown for Windows operating system but also works similarly on Mac.
How to delete a page in a word document on Mac or Windows
1. Open word and create a new word document or open existing document, it is for tutorial purpose only.
2. Place the cursor on the page which you want to delete it.
3. Deleting a page in word document is so simple, press backspace button on keyboard and then press delete button. Blank page will get deleted.
This is the most simple and common way of deleting a page in word document.
How to delete a page in word doc by deleting paragraph marks on Windows or Mac
Excess of paragraph marks caused blank pages. First we have to delete all paragraph marks on a page to delete a page.
1. Click home tab. Ribbon panel of home tab will appear.
2. Place your cursor on Word typesetting option at the right side of Ribbon bar. Click the small arrow present on right side of word typesetting option.
3.Now you will see Drop down menu.
4. Click delete option in drop down menu.
5. More options will show when you click delete option.
6. Click Delete blank paragraph which is circled red from drop down menu.
These steps are used to remove pages very easily.
How to delete a page in word document with Find and Replace option in word document on Windows or Mac
1, Click home tab on Ribbon bar.
2. On Ribbon panel go to Find and Replace option. Click it.
3. Click find and replace option. A dropdown menu will appear with three options find, Replace and Go To.
4. Click replace option. Then the dialogue box will appear.
5. Multiple options and fields are available in dialogue box. Click special option present on dialogue box.
6. Drop down menu will appear with so many options.
7. Click Manual page break or Section break present at the bottom of drop down menu.
8. Once you choose any option from drop down menu then go back to dialogue box and left Replace with field blank and go to Replace All and click it.
9. Another pop up box will appear, select ok.
Now deleting a page in word document has become very easy because we have explained each step in detail. But if you want to get more information of Word features, you can subscribe to WPS Academy to learn in detail.
Need to edit Word/Excel/PPT file free of charge? Download WPS Office edit files like without any cost. Download now! to get enjoyable working experience.
Was this helpful?