How to do separate text in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In this modern world excel assumes an essential part in working for any monetary need whether, about organization strategies or making information examination, all work should be possible effectively on excel. This update of the calculation sheet incorporates 100 underlying equations, tables, and numerous different capabilities additionally by which a solitary individual can take a huge number of advantages effectively it additionally assists with working cleverly like it saves a lot of time as opposed to written by hand notes and you can undoubtedly save it in your envelopes for some time in the future.
Today, In this article we will know about how to separate text in excel using various methods.
First, we will apply the Text to column method here to separate text in excel. This function needs to perform through some steps, which are given below.
1) This function helps to separate text and numbers independently and it improves to look better. First, we have to make data in which we make combine data in a spreadsheet including students’ names and their IDs.
2) Then go to the DATA option and there you find TEXT TO COLUMNS.
3) When you press on the text to column a dialogue box will appear but before clicking on the text to a column, select the data. A dialogue box will show 2 options click on delimited and below the selected text is also showing and then press next, again new options will appear on screen in the same dialogue box, mark comma box and then press next again, again you require to fill mark in the general box and in the destination box use =$C$4, then after clicking on finish automatically your text and student ID separately appear on the screen.
Congratulations you successfully found how to separate text in excel easily by all these steps.
How to separate text in excel using the FLASHFILL.
This is also a function by which we can separate text using the flash fill method, this function does not have the commas in the combined data like this.
This need to perform some steps.
1) First we will manually separate the data like I put JOE ROOT in cell C4 and 1960 in cell D4.
2) Then select the rest of the cells in the first column. I select all cells from cellsC4 to C7. Then go to data you find the fill option and when you press it an option will pop up, click on flash fill, your all the student’s names will appear in C4 to C7 cells.
3) Same step to follow for Student ID.
You simply separate text in excel using the flash fill method by following all the above guidelines.
Using Fill Handle.
This is a third function that we use to separate text, this is also a very easy process.
1) First we take database as similar as above and manually place the student name and student ID in their respective boxes.
2) Then, at that point, drag the Fill Handle of the initial section through the other cells. You will get a little symbol called Auto Fill Options in the base right corner in the wake of moving.
3) After that Click the drop-down menu associated with it. You will get four options. Click on Flash Fill, and your student’s name will appear in their boxes, the same thing will apply to the student ID.
Congratulation to you again for finding how to separate text in excel using the fill handle method.
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find how to separate text in excel.
Did you learn about how to find how to separate text in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences