How to Format Text In Excel cell
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Excel performs numerous types of functions and there are thousands of methods available in it by which we can easily take help from it and make systematic work plans according to our needs. This platform is very common in the whole world and all the companies and firms availing benefit from spreadsheets. In this article, we will learn how to format text in Excel. There are many ways by which we can easily format our text.
First, we will find how to format text in excel through Text name.
Note: This function needs to perform some steps and guidelines.
1) We can change the text font in Excel from the default to any other fonts that are offered. We need to use some databases similar to these to carry out this.
2) When you click on the home key, which is shown at the top of the spreadsheet, several other options, including one for changing the text's font, will emerge.
3) A list with numerous possibilities to format our text in any font will show after clicking on the font choice.
4) When you select a particular font, the text will format according to that font.
This makes it simple for us to grasp how to format text with a text name. As you can see in the example, I chose the ALGERIAN font and my entire text was formatted in that font.
How to Format Text In Excel through font size.
Another simple method for formatting text is by changing the font size. Some procedures must also be followed for this function.
1) The first step is to click on the Home icon, which is located at the top of the spreadsheet. After doing so, a bar will emerge with several options.
2) There is a choice next to the font section that displays a number. If you click on it, a bar with an even number will appear, and you may choose the font size from there.
3) The text is formatted automatically with size 20 as I choose size 20 here.
Congratulations, you again successfully find how to format text through font size easily by following all these steps without any hassle.
How to Format Text In Excel text appearance.
We can format text in Excel using this format as well. Three other text appearances—BOLD, ITALIAN, and UNDERLINE—are included in this system. The processes that Excel uses to carry out this function are listed below.
1) The home button, which is located at the top of the spreadsheet, must first be clicked before you may format text in Excel by changing its appearance.
2) Selecting a text appearance from a list of three alternatives that show below the font style is the second stage.
3) When you choose your text appearance—in this case, I chose Boldly—your text automatically changes to a bold appearance, and you may now structure your text once again using text appearance.
By performing all these step-by-step instructions you again successfully how to format text in excel using excel text appearance
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find how to format text in excel.
Did you learn about how to format text in Excel Spreadsheets? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula