How to import text file into Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
There are several methods in which data can be generated depending on the application. It is possible to generate a PDF report from a computer that works with words, while another application can generate data in the form of a TXT or CSV document. It is a difficult task to gather all of the information that might potentially be gathered into a single piece of software that can then be used to achieve the desired outcomes. As WPS Excel can import data from a wide range of file formats, it is a popular solution for this task. Thus, it is a perfect instrument for this task you only need to know that how to import text file into excel.
However, this article is going to explain that how to import text file into excel from different sources so that you can compile different data in one document or worksheet.
How To Import Text File into Excel from website?
2. Once you click the import data you will get the import data from web option choose this option.
3. Now you have the address bar put the address of website where from you want to import text file.
4. As you have wrote the address of website where from you want to import text file open the file you want to import and hit the import option. After clicking on the import, you will have properties. Click on properties.
5. Now you can adjust the properties according to your demand and then hit OK.
6. As you hit the OK you have imported the text file from the website of your choice to WPS excel.
How To Import Text File into Excel from your computer?
2. Once you open the import data option you will find the options choose import data again
3. Click ok in the pop-up window
4. Now select data source it means the from which text file you want to get the data which you want to convert to excel which is show by number 1 in following picture. And then click the next option and choose the file from your computer you want to convert.
5. Once you click the next the file conversion window will be open stay with other encodings and click next
6. Now you have text import wizard-step 1 of 3 window stay with “delimited” and click the next.
7. Now you have text import wizard-step 2 of 3 window stay with tab and then click next.
8. Now stay with the General option and click finish
9. Once you will click the finish your data will be imported to the excel.
How To Import Text File into Excel from another computer?
1. If you want to import text file from the other computer which are connected to your computer, choose the existing connections from the import data option. It will import text file to your computer from other computer of your choice.
The process that how to import a text file into Excel spreadsheet is outlined in this article. If you would want additional information on the WPS office, please check out the webpage for the WPS Academy. This website also offers a free download of WPS Office, which enables users to edit documents saved in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF formats. If you visit this website, you can take advantage of this offer.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula