How to insert multiple rows in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you work much time making tables in Excel and other specific functions to do your job and still don't know much about how to insert multiple rows in excel. You need to save time on repetitive and mechanical activities, such as inserting rows. Since there are different ways to make multiple rows in Excel, you have to choose the method that you feel most comfortable with.
If you require to insert multiple rows in excel, you must learn how to use all the tools in detail. You will also be able to get new functions offered by inserting rows using various shortcuts on your keyboard, with the insert option or using the methods or insert multiple rows in excel mac.
How to use multiple rows using the insert option?
For you to learn how to insert multiple rows in excel with the insert option, you must follow some important steps:
1. To use this type of method, you must select the number of rows you want to add, right-click through the selection and place yourself where the insert is located
2. If you have many columns in your data, press Shift+Space to select all the columns in the rows that have been selected
3. Insert multiple rows in excel above the first row you selected. If you want to choose a larger number of blank rows, you can choose a range and then hit insert.
4. Choose a range using the format initial row: final row if you want to enter more than 500 rows after row number 5. You must choose the range 5: 504, entering this type of range in the name field.
How to insert multiple copied rows using keyboard shortcuts?
If you want to specialize in insert multiple rows in excel, you should know some necessary tips:
1. If you want to cut or copy instead of adding blank rows, you must use the Alt-E shortcut.
2. Start by cutting and copying rows; choose the row you want to paste the rows on by long-pressing the row number on the left. Press Alt + I + E and select shift cells down
3. You can also choose the following shortcuts: Ctrl+Shift +=control-Plus (the plus sign must be from the numeric keyboard.)
How to insert many rows using keyboard shortcuts?
You must know another way to insert multiple rows in excel while working on your document. It is important for you to know below two shortcuts and what insert multiple rows in Excel online offers.
1. First, you must select the number of blank rows equal to the number of rows you want to enter. Use Shift+Space to select all the columns in the rows you selected.
2. Then you can use either of the two shortcuts and knows how to insert multiple rows in Excel and how to Alt+I and Alt +R: Press Alt+I. You must hold down the Alt key and press R Ctrl+ More: you must use the plus sign through the numeric keyboard.
The method for direct access is also customizable. Pressing F4 in your Excel sheet will repeat the previous action. You can use any of the above shortcuts to add, such as 10 rows, and then press F4 more than 10 times to add 100 blank rows.
You can easily work in the Excel program if you learn about the best way to insert multiple rows in Excel 2016. So be sure to follow WPS Acadamy to get everything you want to know about other functions offered by inserting rows in Excel and the like. It is essential that you also be aware of the new tools provided within the program.
You can download Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with the WPS Office software.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula