How to insert page number in header word
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
How to insert page number in header Word? Page numbers are important to create more organized and professional documents. Word is a program that offers you various tools to improve and simplify your work.
You are right if you want to know how to insert page number in header Word. Below you will find the different steps to use this tool in all your documents.
How to insert page number in header Word?
How to insert page number in header word 2013? Word 2013 allows you to add page numbers automatically, and you can also place the number anywhere on the page.
1. In the Insert tab, you must click on the Page number command.
2. You will see a menu where you will have the opportunity to select where you want the page number to appear. Then, a menu will be displayed with the different numbering styles for you to choose from.
3. When you are done with the page numbering, you can click the Close Header or Footer button. You can also press the Esc key.
On the other hand, knowing how to insert page number in header Word, you can also change the size or type of font to have a personalized document.
How to insert page number in header word 2007?
Next, you can learn how to insert page number in header word 2007:
1. Open your Word 2007 document. Click on the Insert menu and select the Page Number sub-menu.
2. Next, you will need to click on Page Top, Options Page Margins, or Page End. It will depend on where you are and where the page number appears. You will need to click on a numbering style in the design gallery.
3. To finish, you must click on the header or footer of the first page that contains the numbering. If you want to start the numbering from the second page, in Options, you must check the different first-page box.
How to insert a header page number using Word 2016?
How to insert page number in header word 2016? Word allows you to automatically label the pages of your document and place them in a footer, header, or side margin. To use Word page numbering, follow these steps:
1. In the Insert tab, you must click on the Page number command. Open the menu at the top of the page, the bottom of the page, or Screen Margin. It will depend on where you want to insert the page number.
2. You will then need to select the desired header style. The page numbering will appear.
3. Press the Esc key to lock the footer and header.
4. If you want to change Word's page numbering, you'll need to double-click the page header or footer to unlock it.
How to insert page number in Word without removing a header?
If you want to have a professional and organized Word document, you should know how to insert the page number in the header Word.
Next, you will learn how to add page numbers in word without deleting header.
1. Insert the header of your choice (Insert > Header > Anywhere). Next, you'll need to double-click anywhere inside the header and place your cursor where you want to insert the page number.
2. By pressing Alt + Shift +P, you can insert a page field. A simple page number will appear in the page field in this step.
3. If you want a fancy page number, use the Current Position setting in the Page Number menu. (Insert > Page Number > Current Position), then choose from the gallery. When finished, your document will display the page number and the header.
Have you learned how to insert page number in header Word? If you want to learn new features of Word, all you have to do is access the WPS Academy.
It will allow you to download and use the WPS Office software for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents with no charge. Moreover, WPS Office is the official partner of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
Was this helpful?