How to insert page numbering in word document
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you want to improve how you work and deliver documents in word, it's only fair that you learn to use all the program's tools. It is ideal for you to learn how to insert page numbering in word and thus apply it to your documents in the future. You will give your work order through this numbering and allow the paper to look professional.
Page numbering in word also helps your document be divided into sections for easy reading. You could create an index for the book you write or the paper you submit to a company and walk through the numbering. From any perspective that you see it, it will be beneficial to learn how to insert page numbering in word, so you must follow the following steps.
How to insert page numbers in different sections of word?
Among the first things that you should learn is how to insert page numbers in word different sections, and for this, you must do the following:
1. Open the document in word and access the tools option at the program's top.
2. Look for the insert tab, click on it and select the page number option.
3. The page number list will be displayed, giving you several options depending on its design, font size, or where the number will be located.
How to insert page numbers in word on mac?
To learn how to insert page numbering in word, you will have to specialize in running the tool on both operating systems, such as Windows or Mac. The steps you must follow to know how to insert page numbers in word on mac are:
1. Regardless of the operating system, you have on your computer, you will have to open the document in word.
2. Go to the Tools option, select insert, and look for the page number tab.
3. Locate the font of the number you like the most and wait for the dedicated server to place the correct numbering throughout the document.
How to start page numbering from a specific page in Microsoft Word?
In case you want to specialize in how to insert page numbering in word using a specific page, you will have to:
1. Open the document in word and find the page where you want to start the numbering. It can be after the index that you have previously created or after the cover.
2. To understand how to insert page numbering in word on a specific page, you should go to the Insert option at the top of the program.
3. Being in the tool, you will have to look for the page number tool and click on it.
4. You must select the format page number and wait for the changes in your word document.
You probably profited from your results if you know how to insert page numbering in word. If you have had a good experience using the tool, do not forget to follow WPS Academy for more information on related topics. On the other hand, you will keep an eye out for details on new tools and features within the program.
Was this helpful?