How to lock cells in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
1. Go to the Review tab.
2. The Lock Cell button is grayed out, which means that the entire sheet has been locked by default.
3. Click the Protect Sheet button, then a dialog will pop up.
4. In the Allow all users of this worksheet to area, Select locked cells and Select unlocked cells these two options have been checked by default. (Note: Other options can be checked as needed.)
5. We enter password in the Password (optional) box, and click the OK button.
6. In the pop-up Confirm Password box, we reenter the password, and click the OK button.
7. Then the entire sheet has been locked. We can not modify the read-only cells on the protected sheet.
(Note: The Lock Cell function can only be used when the Protect Sheet function is turned on.)
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula