How to move columns in a worksheet
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
We can move multiple columns (whether continuous or not) in WPS Spreadsheet.
Here are two options to realize it. The methods could be used for a single column or a continuous column range. (Relevant tutorial: How to move rows in a worksheet)
· Option 1: Move a single column by dragging
1. Select a whole row or column.
2. Move the cursor to the edge of the column, until the dragging symbol (+) presents.
3. Drag the selected column to the target place.
Option 1: Move a single column by dragging
· Option 2: Move by cutting and pasting
1. Right-click on the column(s) or row(s) to be moved.
2. Choose Cut from the dropdown list. (Shortcut key: Ctrl+X)
3. RIght-click on the target column, and choose Paste in the dropdown list. (Shortcut key: Ctrl+V)
Option 2: Move by cutting and pasting
· Move columns within a continuous range
It is similar to moving columns in a continuous range.
Moving continuous columns
Note that the command could not be used on multiple separated columns.
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy. (Relevant tutorial: How to move rows in a worksheet)
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences