Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to move pages in Word
Luckily, there are ways to rearrange and move WPS Word pages. You can rearrange them online or offline using two easy methods.There are two ways to move pages in Word.
How to move pages in WPS Word?
1. Through navigation pane and
2. Without navigation pane.
You can use any method to move pages in WPS word. These methods can be applicable on WPS 2019/2016/2013 and on ma c or Windows. No worries either you are offline or online these methods works in anyway.
How to move pages in Word using Navigation Pane?
Remember that all headings in the Navigation Pane are listed in descending order. So the order will be Heading 1 at the top, then Heading 2, Heading 3, and so on. To move an entire page, or section, use the highest-level heading for that section.
1. Click on view in the toolbar and check the box for Navigation Pane.
2. When the tool opens on the left side of your document, click Headings in the pane. You will see all the headings of the file. Here, I want to move the section 2.
3. Select the heading for the page you want to move and drag it to its new location in the Headings list. You see, I dragged section 2 from its previous location to the new location.
How to move pages in Word without navigation Pane?
If you want to move pages in Word without the use of the Navigation Pane, it can be done without any hassle. You can either move pages in Word using the usual cut and paste method or use the keyboard shortcut method to achieve it in steps 2 and 3.
You need to follow the below-given step-by-step method to perform it using either method.
1. Scroll to the page you want to move and place your cursor at the beginning of the text.
2. Shortcut method: while holding the Shift key keep pressing the Page Down key until you have grabbed the text which needs to be moved.
Cursor method: Press the left touch-pad and scroll down simultaneously to select the text.
3. Shortcut method: Press Control (Ctrl) and X simultaneously to cut the selected text.
Cursor method: Left-click, move the cursor in the drop-down menu and right-click on Cut.
The selected text will disappear in both these methods so do not panic.
4. Move your cursor to the section where you want the text to be moved.
5. Finally press the keys Control (Ctrl) and V and the disappeared text in the step will reappear and Word will automatically do the rest of the realignment.
Here we go, you did it.
By following all the steps mentioned above you can move pages in WPS word with a few clicks. Stay connected to learn more, you can also visit WPS Academy for learning about WPS Document/presentation/excel/PDF. Download WPS now!