How to number pages in word 2016 starting on page 2
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
It is time for you to learn how to number pages in Word to use this type of tool to number each page when you are doing a job in Word. In this way, you will become an expert when you go to make any document in your office and manage to work with how to number pages in Word online
You must know how to number pages in word 2016 so you can place them in the header, side margin, or footer. Below you can learn several quite effective and necessary methods that will be useful to you when you want how to number pages in Word.
How to add several pages in Word?
Word can automatically label all pages with a page number and place it in your footer, header, or side margin. So it would help if you learned how to number pages in Word below:
1. Find the insert tab and click where the Page Number command is located
2. Open the menu where the top, bottom of the page, or page margins are located. It depends on where you want to place the page. Then you have to select the header style you want
3. All the pages will appear
4. Then, you must press the ESC key so that you can lock the footer and header
5. If you need to make any changes to the page numbers, click on the header or footer to unlock it
How to add page numbers to a footer or header in Word?
If you already have a footer or header and want to add a page number to it, you should know that Word has an option to insert the page number into the existing header automatically. Below you will see an example where the page numbering will be added to your document's header.
1. Double click the place you want in the footer or header so that you can unlock it.
2. Click the Layout tab where the Page Number command is. In the menu that appears, you should hover over Current Portion and select the page numbering style you want.
3. The numbering of each page will appear
4. When finished, you have to press the Esc key
How to reset page numbering?
Word has a tool that allows you to reset the page numbering to the page you want in your document. It also teaches you how to number pages in Word on mac. Learn the steps below to perform this function when you need it
1. Place the insertion point at the top of the page you want to reset the page numbering. If text is found on the page, place the insertion point at the entire beginning of the text
2. Choose the design tab, then click where the Breaks command is located. Select the next page where the drop-down menu appears
3. A section break will then be added to your document. Double-click the header or footer that contains the page that requires a restart
4. Click on the command where this Page number is. In the menu that appears, you have to choose Format page numbers.
5. A dialog box will appear; click the Start in button. By default, it starts at 1. You can change the number; when you're done, click ok.
6. To finish, the page numbering will be restarted, so you have already understood how to number pages in Word
If you easily understood each of the methods where they are explained specifically. You can feel satisfied that you will know how to apply this tool. You also have the option to work when you are in Word on how to number pages in Word 2010.
If your job requires you to know how to number pages in Word 2103, don't worry; you can learn with practice and advise yourself to know how to number pages in Word on mac.
You can also learn how how to number pages in Word free is done so that you are more prepared with this type of tool.
You can be excited to learn all about how to number pages in word a document the moment you come to WPS Academy. If you go to its website, you will have the facility to download WPS Office at no cost.