How to open a text file in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
You may want to open a txt file in Excel for a variety of reasons when working on various projects. Data generation can be carried out in a variety of methods, just like the design of every application for a certain purpose. Word provides the ability to make documents with the look and feel of a PDF. Text files can be created in a variety of ways, but because of the data they contain, they must be opened in Excel. A delayed project is the result if you don't know how to open text file in Excel.
This post will show you three different ways to open a txt file in Excel so that you can continue working. A few minutes of your time here and you'll be able to open txt file in Excel and get to work!
How to open a Text File in excel from your computer?
1.Click the tab labelled Data after you have opened the Excel spreadsheet in which you wish to save the data. And go to the import data option which is circled in following picture.
2. Once you open the import data option you will find the options choose import data again.
3. Click ok in the pop-up window.
4. Now select data source it means the from which text file you want to get the data which you want to convert to excel which is show by number 1 in following picture. And then click the next option and choose the file from your computer you want to convert.
5. Once you click the next the file conversion window will be open stay with other encodings and click next.
6. Now you have text import wizard-step 1 of 3 window stay with “delimited” and click the next.
7. Now you have text import wizard-step 2 of 3 window stay with tab and then click next.
8. Now stay with the General option and click finish.
9. Once you will click the finish your data will be imported to the excel.
How to open a Text File in excel from another computer?
1. If you want to import text file from the other computer which are connected to your computer, choose the existing connections from the import data option.
2. It will import text file to your computer from other computer of your choice.
How to open a Text File in excel from website?
1. Open a spreadsheet from the WPS office. And go to the data and choose the import data option.
2. Once you click the import data you will get the import data from web option choose this option.
3. Now you have the address bar put the address of website where from you want to import text file.
4. As you have wrote the address of website where from you want to import text file open the file you want to import and hit the import option. After clicking on the import, you will have properties. Click on properties.
5. Now you can adjust the properties according to your demand and then hit OK.
6. As you hit the OK you have imported the text file from the website of your choice to WPS excel.
This article has explained that how you can open a txt file in excel hope it will help a lot If you would want additional information on the WPS office, please check out the webpage for the WPS Academy. This website also offers a free WPS Academydownload of WPS Office, which enables users to edit documents saved in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF formats. If you visit this website, you can take advantage of this offer.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences