How to remove space in Excel before text
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
When we copy paste or import certain data in our excel spreadsheet from other sources it creates unwanted space before text. If the imported data is limited them we can manually diminish the space before the text. But if a large amount of information is feed on your excel spreadsheet. To remove space manually from this type of data is a quite hectic and time taking task. Excel users find it very difficult to remove the space before each and every word of the imported data.
Fortunately, excel has introduced a specific feature for removal of extra space before text. This technique has proved to be useful for the removal of extra space from the data and compiling data in well-organized form. But many excel users are unable to activate this feature of excel and waste a lot of their time in removing space before words. In this article, we have described some important and simple methods for removing extra space in excel before text. All these methods are compatible for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Remove Space In Excel Before Text Using Trim Function?
Trim function is a simple and easy method to remove unwanted space before text. It requires less time and removes all unwanted spaces before and between the texts without losing words. Trim function is the most used method to erase extra space in text. The steps for the activation of trim function are discussed below. This method works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell which contains text with unwanted space. In this case we will select cell A2.
2. Then in the formula box we will add the formula=(TRIM(A2))
3. After adding the formula we will click the enter button.
4. The result will be the removal of all extra space from the text of selected cell.
The mentioned process is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Remove Space In Excel Before Text Using Find And Replace Technique?
If you want to erase extra space from text without applying formula, you can simply use find and replace method. This method comprises of same easy steps which will automatically remove unwanted space from your text. The steps required for the activation of find and replace method is as follows:
1. First we will select the cell consisting of desired data from which we want to remove the unwanted space.
2. Then we will press Crtl+H which will activate find and replace technique and a dialog box will pop up.
3. After that we will press space bar two times in the box of find and we will press space bar once in the option of replace.
4. Then we will click replace all option
5. In the end we will click ok which will result in removal of extra space from the desired text.
This method works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Remove Space In Excel After Text Using Formula?
We can also use a specific formula to remove extra space after the text using formula. This method is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell consisting of text containing text. Here we have selected cell A3.
2. Then we will add the formula=LEFT(A3,LEN(A3)-3).
3. After that we will press enter key which will erase the unwanted space before the text.
This procedure works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
Did you learn about how to remove space in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences