How to rotate text in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Excel cells often keep the text that is horizontally oriented. However, for our needs, we frequently need to alter the text in cells' default horizontal alignment. Thankfully, Excel has some excellent functions built-in that you may use to rotate your text in Excel with ease. In light of this, we have developed three incredibly simple approaches in this lesson that you may use to rotate text in Excel.
There are several ways to perform this excel function.
Firstly, we will find how to rotate text in excel with the Format cell function.
To perform this, we need step-by-step instructions.
1) The first step is to make data and elements in which we will step by steps instructions.
2) The Second step is to select the cell on which text u want to rotate. After that click on the right button of your mouse, some options will pop up, click on format cells, a new window will open, and again several options will appear on the top of a window, click on alignment, and on the right-hand side you find a clock type feature, adjust the needle which you like to adjust your text.
3) Then press on OK the selected text will rotate automatically.
Congratulations by following all these steps you find how to rotate text in excel.
How to rotate text vertically in Excel.
This is also a function by which we can easily rotate a text in excel. This can be performed by the same above method.
1) The first step is to take data in a spreadsheet as an example.
2) After that The Second step is to select the cell on which text u want to rotate. After that click on the right button of your mouse, some options will pop up, click on format cells, a new window will open, and again several options will appear on the top of a window, click on alignment, and on the right-hand side of the window you find vertically option, mark on this option then press OK, automatically your selected text will rotate vertically.
How to rotate text up in Excel.
This is a third function by which we can easily rotate our text in excel. To perform this function we need several methods to perform step by step.
1) The first step is to make specified data in a spreadsheet on which you perform rotate text up option.
2) After that select the cell in which text like to rotate, after that go to find command options and type rotate, you find the option below of the ROTATE UP.
3) Click on the rotate up option and your selected text will automatically rotate up like this.
Congratulations, you again find how to rotate text in excel, by following all these steps of rotate up function.
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find how to rotate text in excel.
Did you learn how to find how to rotate text in excel.? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula