How to use conditional formatting in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
When you carry out any data processing activity, you must make use of a large number of tools and functions that allow you to achieve the results you so desire. That is why knowing how to use conditional formatting in Excel is vital for you since, thanks to this, you will have the necessary skills to achieve the best possible results.
By knowing how to use conditional formatting in excel, you will be able to use many conditions in each of the cells and thus achieve a configuration that takes action in case a certain specific condition is met. In this way, the results you will achieve in each office activity will be extremely professional and, at the same time, neat and organized.
How to use conditional formatting in Excel to highlight text using predefined options?
On many occasions, knowing how to use conditional formatting in Excel 2016 may seem like a difficult function to perform, but this is not complicated at all if you have the appropriate instructions. Is that just by following these instructions, you will know how to use conditional formatting in Excel without presenting any inconvenience.
1. To start, open your Excel document to edit.
2. Select the entire table and then go to Start after this, go to the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING section, and followed by this, select HIGHLIGHT CELL RULES. Once the submenu has been displayed, you must select EQUAL TO.
3. Once you have selected the previous option, a new dialog box will display on the screen. In this box, you must enter a value you want to modify. Select the format you want to apply to the cells that meet the established condition, and then click on accept.
4. Once you have clicked on ACCEPT, you will notice that the yield that meets the established value will be highlighted. Following this procedure, you will be able to find similar values.
How to use conditional formatting in Excel by using a custom formula?
By knowing how to use conditional formatting in Excel 2019, you will have at your disposal the ideal opportunity to achieve varied results extremely efficiently. By following these instructions, you will be able to know how to use conditional formatting in Excel mac in an extremely easy and simple way to do it.
Once you have your Excel document to edit, go to the HOME tab, select the FORMAT section and select NEW RULE. Next, you will see how a new dialog box is displayed. Click on the option shown as Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
2. Enter the formula in the displayed field. In this case, =E6=HELLO will be an example.
3. Set the format as needed, don't forget to change the format; otherwise, the difference won't be noticeable. By pressing ACCEPT, you will notice how the result is displayed on the screen.
How to use conditional formatting in Excel to highlight exact text?
Knowing how to use conditional formatting in Excel online can be a great advantage for you since, in this way, you will be able to highlight exact texts without any problem. If you want to learn how to use conditional formatting in Excel in a highly professional way, you have to follow these instructions exactly. Before starting, you should know that the formula to perform this procedure is the following EXACT (Column and row of the cell to use, TEXT TO MATCH.
1. Select all the tables that will be in the document.
2. Select the HOME tab, go to FORMAT, and choose NEW RULE.
3. Once the new options box is displayed, click on the use a formula to determine which cells to format option.
4. Enter the formula to use. In this case, it will be =EXACT(E6, Yellow) once you have entered your formula, press on
As you can see, it is vitally important to know how to use conditional formatting in Excel to achieve certain results that can be highly specific. Using conditional formats can be challenging at first, but once you get used to this tool, you can use it to achieve the best possible results.
Remember that if you want to learn how to use this and many other functions, you can always go to WPS Academy, and you will find all the information you need. In the same way, it will be convenient for you to download WPS Office to enjoy a comfortable and optimized environment that will offer you the best tools.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences