How to use count in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In addition to counting the number of cells that contain numbers, the count function also counts the numbers that are included inside the list of parameters. To get the total number of occurrences of a number in a field that is part of a range of numbers or an array of numbers, use count in excel.
For instance, if you want to count the numbers in the range A1:A20, you may use count in excel as the formula =COUNT, which you can insert into the appropriate cell (A1:A20). In the above example, the total is considered to be 5 if a minimum of five of the cells in the range contain numerical data.
The basics to use count in excel
value1 Required. The initial item, cell reference, or countable range that should be used for the counting of numbers.
value2, ... Optional. You can include up to 255 more items, cell references, or ranges in the context of which you want to count numbers.
Arguments are tallied if they are either numbers, dates, or a textual representation of numbers (for instance, a number wrapped in quote marks, such as 1).
The values of logical variables and textual representations of numbers that you enter directly into the list of arguments are tallied.
Use the COUNTA function if you wish to count logical values, text, or error values. This function is quite flexible.
How to use count in excel to find the number of cells that have numbers?
1. Open the WPS excel file in which you wan to count the cell which have numbers. And select the cell in which you want result.
2. Now type the equal sign = and then word COUNT and the number of specific cells from where to you want to count and then type the cell number to which you want to count there will be range between these two numbers.
Press enter and result will be in the cell where you type the =COUNT(B2:B12)
How to use count in excel to find the number of cells that have a number and include a specific cell?
1. Open the WPS excel file in which you want to count the cell which have a special number. And select the cell in which you want result.
2. Now type the equal sign, followed by the word COUNT, and then put a bracket around it. Now type the cell number from which you want to analyze the data, followed by the cell number to which you want to analyze the data, and put ,. Finally, type the number of cells from which you want a number to serve as a benchmark. And press enter after closing the bracket.
3. Once you press the result will be shown in the cell you selected.
This article makes it simple for everyone to understand how to use count in Excel. On the other hand, the official website of WPS Academy offers further details about the WPS office. You can edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files with the free version of WPS Office, which can be downloaded from this website.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences