How to use fill handle in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
By following the instructions below, you will quickly be able to learn how to use fill handle in Excel: That’s not the end of it. Dive in to learn all there is to know about Excel's Fill Handle and how to make advantage of it. Excel's fill handle is one of those things that, once you become aware of it, makes you wish you had been using it from the very beginning of your time with Excel.
It may be used with numbers, dates, or text to immediately construct series of data, ranging from the simplest to the most complicated. Alternately, you may use it to simultaneously copy and paste formulae into a large number of cells. When there is less dragging, there is greater productivity. In preparation for writing this piece, I have compiled a number of useful hints and suggestions so that you may be able that how to use fill handle in excel.
How to use fill handle in excel to enter the number and number with text?
1. If we want to fill in the numbers 1 through 10 in column A, we need to select cell A2 and move the cursor to the lower right corner of cell A2. At this point, the cursor will change into a tiny solid black cross. Hold the left mouse button down. Pull down on the key. When you drag, a number will show up in the lower right corner. Now, when the number reaches 10, let go of the left mouse button.
2. Once you will leave the mouse left button the number will be filled.
3. If there is text with the number apply the same method to fill the complete column the number will change but text will remain same.
4. If you want to just copy the same number and text to the whole column. Drag down the mouse while holding the CTRL button.
How to use fill handle in excel to fill month and years?
1. When the first thing in a cell is a date, there are more ways to fill it in. Drag the cell E2 down, and then click the Auto Fill Option button in the bottom right corner. If you choose Fill Months, the range of cells will be filled in the order of the months. Click Fill Years to put the years in the right order.
2. Once you choose the fill month option the months will be filled automatically.
How to use fill handle in excel to fill column automatically without formatting?
1. If you will the column with specific cell which have specific format and you want to fill without format just fill and choose the fill without formatting option.
2. Once you choose the fill without formatting it will fill without formatting.
As a result, I've shown above simplest approaches of using Excel's Fill Handle. To get the job done quickly, choose one of these options. I really hope that you have gained anything from reading this post. Please do not hesitate to visit if you have any other questions or suggestions. Please go to the webpage for the WPS Academy if you would like further information regarding the WPS office. You may also grab WPS Office from this page, which is a free WPS Academydownload, and use it to edit files in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF formats.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula